Syncboard Community

Gallery  -  Links

Go Back   Syncboard Community > E/N Boards > Compu-Hell

Old 10-02-2014, 04:36 PM

Exclamation If you hated Windows 8....

Guess what? Here comes Windows 10!!!

http://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-jumps-to-windows-10/

Originally codenamed Windows Threshold, the new operating system essentially does away with the dependency on the tiled "Metro" user interface that Microsoft had attempted to implement across its entire device line, from desktop PCs to Surface tablets and Windows Phone devices. In its place is a combination of the so-called live tiles, present in areas like the new Start Menu, and a more classic Windows experience that aims to please both touch and keyboard-and-mouse users.

This paragraph kills me...

"We want all these Windows 7 users to have the sentiment that yesterday they were driving a first-generation Prius," he said, "and now with Windows 10 it's like we got them a Tesla."

Personally, I have no major issue with Windows 8/8.1, but this latest announcement and the tone of it smacks of backpedaling. Like they are admitting the whole half-tablet/half-OS thing was a mistake. Either go down with your guns blazing or don't go down that road at all or leave the tile stuff for the Windows phones only.

"Haha! I threw that shit before I walked in the room!"

"Teapubliurds, teapubliturds light, and extremist teapubliturds. There isn't an ounce of difference in any of them."
Old 10-07-2014, 05:17 AM
Administrator

They had no choice but to back-pedal. Very few users of Windows 8 actually liked that interface. Most users were confused by the sudden change in functionality, and were not impressed with that tiled look. Microsoft was forced to acknowledge that not everyone has a tablet with a touch screen, and that there are plenty of traditional users, such as myself, that do things the old way with a keyboard and mouse.

I still have no interest in their shitty viri with documentation that they call an operating system. They jumped the shark with me way back when with Vista.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:54 AM

No more tiles with 10, which should warm up your cold little shriveled up heart. Awwwwwww.....

"Teapubliurds, teapubliturds light, and extremist teapubliturds. There isn't an ounce of difference in any of them."
Old 10-09-2014, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Sandwich View Post
No more tiles with 10, which should warm up your cold little shriveled up heart. Awwwwwww.....

Well, it appears I was wrong about the tiles. Hilariously wrong. Get this -- when you click on the Start Menu button it brings up the old program listing...and to the right you have TILES!

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...eview-download

Vailant + computer with Windows 10 + video camera recording the event = funny-as-fuck YouTube video. Someone make this happen!

Old 10-14-2014, 04:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Sandwich View Post
Well, it appears I was wrong about the tiles. Hilariously wrong. Get this -- when you click on the Start Menu button it brings up the old program listing...and to the right you have TILES!

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...eview-download

Vailant + computer with Windows 10 + video camera recording the event = funny-as-fuck YouTube video. Someone make this happen!
I think this approach is better than their last epic fail, plastering the entire screen with tiles that nobody had asked for or wanted in any way. At least now they are an option, not an obstacle.